We will implement a detailed traffic management plan, written with the input of Cornwall Council Highways, Devon & Cornwall Police and our own professional event traffic specialists with the aim of minimising disruption for local residents and businesses. The majority of weekend festival traffic avoids residential areas of Newquay and Porth and enters the car park from the A3059 via RAF St Mawgan. Drop off traffic and day tickets use the route via Henver Road then B3276 through Porth, this route may be busier than normal on Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 August, then again during the exit phase on Monday 14 August.
• Road closure on B3276 Watergate Road: In order to ensure the safety of our audience moving between the festival arena and campsites it is necessary to close a section of the B3276 for a period each night of Wednesday 9 to Sunday 13 August 2017. The maximum closure times are 18:00 to 03:00 but we always try to close the road for the minimum time required.
• From Porth: Access to properties is unaffected up to the Sands Resort. The full closure begins from the festival blue (day) car park just beyond the Sands Resort. This car park is for festival day ticket holders but also has a drop off / pick up area and taxi rank.
• From Watergate Bay: All of Watergate Bay is accessible. Full closure point is from the festival yellow (weekend) car park up the hill from Watergate Bay. Only traffic for this car park or drop off / pick up will be able to proceed beyond Watergate Bay. Please note that the regular bus service number 556 will be unaffected and will be able to pass through the closure at all times. A diversion is in place to bypass the closed section, this will be clearly signed.
• Road Closure on Headland Road including Fistral Beach Car Park. Headland road and the Fistral Beach car park is closed from 08:00 to 20:00 on each day Monday 8 August to Monday 15 August due to the events at Fistral Beach. Vehicle access is possible at all times for residents and businesses along the road, hotel guests and users of the Headland Road car park.
For local resident queries please contact the production office - THIS LINE IS FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS ONLY
• Watergate phone number: 01637 818 486 (open 2 AUG to 15 AUG)
• Fistral phone number: 01637 818 488 (open 4 AUG to 14 AUG)
• Email: ProductionOffice@visionninehq.com
Complimentary Local Resident Tickets
We offer complimentary tickets to local residents affected by traffic caused by Boardmasters Festival. Applications will only be considered for those living within the boundary lines (below).
2017 applications are now closed
► Closing date for applications: Friday 7 July 2017
► Ticket type: 3-Day-Non-Camping (max two per household)
► Evidence to provide: Proof of address (such as a utility bill) that is valid in the last three months. Vision Nine will not use your information for 3rd party use.
► Charitable donation: All residents ticket holders are subject to pay a charitable donation in order to activate their ticket